Monday, May 25, 2009

Do you believe in God?

I was asked a rather personal question today, “ Do I believe in God”, and do you know what? I don’t think I do. I was raised in a Lutheran church, took the classes and the whole nine yards, and over the course of my life I have been in most every church there is, not all, but most. Guess what I found?

I found some preachers dressed up real pretty and some in old suits, I found churches that looked like they came right out of the renaissance and some old buildings with leaking roofs. I found people who were right and righteous on Sunday or Saturday whichever day they attended and on Monday they forgot what it was they preacher had said the day before. But the one thing that was most common in all of them was the preacher plea for money. Religion is the biggest business in the world. In any country religion is the biggest business there is bar none, I defy you to prove that this is wrong.

I had aunts and uncles that were preachers and there was never a time that I can remember that they weren’t having some type of function to raise money for something the church needed. Yet in all my years I have never seen a church have a function to help a person pay there mortgage, make a car payment, or buy them clothes. Oh they have used clothes you can have and some are nice, but you try explaining that to a teenager in high school. I want to be a fly on the wall for that conversation.
If you have faith in God, ok it’s your life. But you would be better served to have faith in yourself cause if there is a God he’s been on vacation for quit some time now. I have read the summed up Bible from cover to cover, a couple of times and let me save you the time because it can be into three words. “Do What’s Right” if you do that each and every day then, if there is a heaven you got no problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment